Decorating contemporary doors is a little more tricky than traditional doors. It's so easy to find traditional wreaths in green and red that work very well on a Victorian or Georgian house. But finding just the right mix of both isn't as easy.
We've gathered together our some of our tried and tested wreath ideas from over the years, along with advice on choosing a festive look for a contemporary door and our top picks from this year's wreath collections. Read on to find out more!
1. Bright colours and texture automatically lift and create that contemporary feel. Think about how you could use the decoration all year round too, it may work elsewhere in your home. This pompom wreath with bright baubles is a great example of an all-year-round decoration that can be re-purposed as a festive wreath during the Christmas season.
2.a. A great choice for wooden and bronze doors is using a natural bark/ stick/ foliage wreath to add a bit of glamour and texture This is simple, effective and still keeps within that slightly traditional modern look. Scroll to the second picture to see how our rattan wreath takes this look to the next level with the addition of subtle gold and silver tones.
2.b. A simple star can work well with a larger door - seen here on the right hand side of the second picture. This is a great option if you favour a minimalist approach to decorating.
3. On to the 3rd image - a geometric metal wreath is also a fantastic choice when you want to keep it simple. You can decorate these yourself like we've done here or keep them bare and minimal.
4. Use a feather wreath to add colour, depth and texture instead of a foliage option. This is a definite nod to sophisticated decoration without going over the top, as demonstrated by the exquisite mix of rich blue, purple & green tones in our feather wreath in picture 4.
5. A fibre optic wreath is a great way to decorate your front door during the festive period. It has colour changing LED's as its light source and the fibre optics give this a lovely wave effect which looks fantastic at night.
1. This bauble rainbow wreath would brighten anyone's Christmas, great value at £25 from John Lewis
2. Metallic pre-lit 18" wreath. This festive accessory is trimmed with glitter and metallic leaves and small pinecone detailing.
3. This contemporary Christmas wreath incorporates gold and silver stars dusted with glitter wound around a natural rattan frame. Available from Not on the High Street £85
4. If you’re looking for a fabulous and contemporary wreath this Christmas, this limited-edition and completely handmade design is perfect. Available from The White Company £65
5. This opulent peacock Christmas wreath will add a touch of luxury to your door. Available from Liberty London £39.95
We hope our guide to festive door decorating has given you lots of ideas. Tag @urbanfront on Instagram if you're decorating your door this Christmas - we love to see your accessorising creativity.
From all the team at Urban Front, we wish you a wonderful festive period and a very Merry Christmas!