Subject to terms and conditions as below, doorsets only manufactured by Urban Front ltd are warranted by the manufacturer for five years from the date of shipment covering all doors made from April 2014. (UK & Channel Islands only)
(Excludes third party components supplied by the client and fitted by Urban Front, or fitted by the client or a third party after a purchase)
This Limited Warranty does NOT apply to any of the following:
1. Natural variations in the colour and texture of timber are not to be considered defects. Colour variation will differ with timber types
3. Doors where third party closers and associated hardware are fixed in a manner that causes undue stress on the door.
4. Doors which have not been requested unfinished and not sealed, and finishing onsite by a third party.
5. Damage caused by failure to comply with our maintenance recommendations.
6. Damage due to improper or incorrect installation.
7. If a door has been altered or the structural strength has been impaired.
8. Damage caused by others beyond Urban Front’s control caused by but not limited to misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, fire, flood, storm or other acts of nature.
10. A thermal deflection not exceeding 5mm on doors up to 2.4x1.2m shall not be considered a warping defect. Urban Front doors are designed to cope with this movement and this condition is generally not considered a warp. It is a minimal natural movement between seasonal temperature variations.
11. Minor hairline splits on our doors are extremely rare but are considered acceptable on most products manufactured using natural hardwood material and should form part of the maintenance programme. Hairline splits form part of British Standards for natural wood characteristics.
a. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Doors must be inspected within 14 days from the date of delivery for visible defects and all claims based thereon must be filed immediately and before installation. Any visible defects reported after installation would be deemed as accepted regardless of the 14 days period.
This Limited Warranty does not guarantee safety for persons or property, nor make a premises impact proof. This Limited Warranty does not cover damage attributable to or caused by acts of God that include, but are not limited to stresses, high winds, floods, fire, vandalism, and other conditions. Urban Front agrees to repair or replace at its option, in the form as originally supplied, doors found to be defective within the meaning of this warranty.
b. WARRANTY HOLDER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
If any Defect is determined by Seller to exist in a Product, the Warranty Holder’s sole and exclusive remedy and Seller’s sole liability is to either (as Seller elects): a) repair the defective component thereof; b) provide replacement component(s) or a replacement Product; or c) refund the original purchase price of the Product. Repaired or replaced Product or components are warranted only on the same terms and for the remainder of the Warranty Period. Seller reserves the right to discontinue or change any Product. If the Product or component that is the subject of the warranty claim is not available, Seller may select and provide a replacement Product or component of approximately equal quality and price.
c. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will Seller’s liability for any claim related to or arising out of the design, use, operation or performance of the Product exceed the lesser of the purchase price paid for the Product or the defective component thereof, and in
no event will it include damages for incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages including, but not limited to, damage of any kind to a premises, loss of product uses, transportation and shipping, reinstallation, labour, removal, refinishing, temporary/permanent relocation of the residents or property, loss of profit/revenue, interest, lost goodwill, work stoppage, impairment of other goods or work, increased operating expenses, personal injury, death or emotional distress, or claims of third parties for such damages, whether based on contract, warranty, tort (including, but not limited to, strict liability or negligence or otherwise), even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Claims must be initiated during the Warranty Period and reported in writing within 30 days of discovery. To initiate a claim, please submit in writing the name of the owner, date of product purchased, and a detailed explanation of the defect. Claims should be submitted to Urban Front, Unit 4 Chesham Business Park, 33 Townsend Road, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 2AA, UK. Claimant may be required to provide proof of premises ownership.
browse more policies